Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Dear Jane update

First of all I must welcome my new followers - thank you for signing up!

I spent last weekend in snowy UK - while temperatures here in the Dordogne were soaring again! I was only away for four days but I noticed a huge difference in the garden on my return. The grass seemed to have grown by inches, there is masses of blossom on the trees especially the blackthorn which was buzzing with bees when I passed by this morning. The daffodils are nearly over and the tulips are starting to flower. Everywhere is looking a lot greener, bright and fresh.
I cut the freezer paper templates for five Dear Jane blocks and ironed them on to fabric before I left. Managed to get them all sewn while I was away, so here they are.





Spent a lovely afternoon today with friends who I have been teaching for a couple of years. One completed a very pretty table runner and the other was embarking on a flying geese quilt. It is so lovely to have been able to pass on skills that I have learnt to two enthusiastic patchworkers!

Lots to tell you so I hope to post again tomorrow.

Lin

4 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely Dear Jane blocks Lin. My Dear Jane book is still sitting here unused, I keep putting it off for some reason. How many blocks have you made altogether now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful perfect little blocks.
    Great to have passed on your knowledge to your friends, it also means you will have company in your own sewing endeavours.
    sounds like you are enjoying your spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring has sprung for you! Well done with the Dear Jane's, five is a very impressive number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dear Jane blocks are so pretty. They look a bit like stained glass to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.