Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 16 May 2015

FNSI was here again

And don't the months whizz by so quickly!






Many thanks to Wendy for hosting us especially having moved this week! Pop over here to see her new home and here to see what everyone else got up to last night.

I made a start in the afternoon and got the edging done on these cards and ATC's

Just the threads to sew in now.

Then I thought it was time that I started sewing these pieced rows together.


This was a Mystery Quilt from the Quilters Guild that I have been working on over the last year. In each of the four issues of the magazine we were given instructions on how to make two or three of the rows - the width of the row and a clue - ie it could be stars or strip piecing or curves etc. The rest was up to us. Not exactly needing another quilt top I was not going to buy fabric so raided my stash (large) of hand dyed cottons and this is what emerged. The idea was for everyone to finish in time to display the quilts at the AGM but that has long gone! I am going to finish machining these together this afternoon and then think about the colour for the border - no more piecing but just a wide border of hand dyed cotton I think.

Then of course in the evening watching TV out came some hand work and I added some more stitching to my May crazy block.


I hope everyone had a great evening - I shall be off to visit and see what everyone got up to in a while.

Happy weekend.

15 comments:

  1. You got a lot done!!! Love your ATC's and that quilt is just gorgeous, perfect for those hand-dye's. Your hand-stitching is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those blocks are amazing Lin, enjoy putting them together.
    The May block is looking fab so far... do you follow a 'pattern' for these blocks, or use your own creativity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin at the risk of repeating myself I really love your embriodery I feel it just gives your work that something extra special x:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lin,
    Wow, you had a productive evening! I'm always inspired by seeing your lovely stitching. What a great way of using your hand dyed fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those hand dyed fabrics - and your May block is looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always have such interesting cards and I do love your handwork... the quilt is looking good...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hand dyed fabrics are making a lovely flimsy. Hope you get it all togther soon.
    lovely additions to your crazy block so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a successful evening , your mystery quilt is beautiful , those hand dyed fabrics are simply gorgeous ! Of course your crazy quilt stitching is gorgeous too , you do such pretty work .

    ReplyDelete
  9. a very productive and eclectic FNSI! I love the flowery hand stitching on your current block - so different from what you have done on the others. It has a very "country" look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a yellow border would set it off perfectly.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness, such pretties! I adore your header picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those blocks are fabulous and also your crazy and cards as always caught my eye .You have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lin, I really love your beautiful and artful quilts. Most especially your hand sewn crazy block - those sweet little flowers and the colours are gorgeous. You're very talented :D)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seeing your atc's and postcards, made me realize it's been far too long since I've made either. Your quilt top is looking fabulous and I love seeing your work on your crazy quilt blocks. I'm still working on my first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lin! Just love looking at your wonderful hand-stitching in your header picture each time I come here, and then seeing more gorgeous stitching on your crazy quilt! Beautiful! xCathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.