Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 6 August 2016

FNwF August!

August! Already!
Well, here we are again and it was the first Friday of the month so it was Friday Night with Friends - linking up with Cheryll and all those lovely people who joined in last night.

Thank you Cheryll for getting us altogether again.

Most of my Friday was spent painting the walls in my kitchen - good to have it looking fresh and clean again. So I was very happy to spend Friday evening turning this pretty Jenny of Elefantz embroidery


into this mini quilt top


The buttons are not stitched down yet - they will form part of the quilting. So next job is to put a line of quilting around the inside of the frame and to stitch down the buttons.

++++++++++++

It has been good to join in with another postcard swap - thank you very much Sheila for organising this swap.

Here is the super card that I received from Mary


I love the colour combination, beautiful turquoise.

This is the card I sent to Mary.





It's warming up again here after a couple of cooler days - which we needed.

Happy Sunday.

16 comments:

  1. A wonderful little Quilt.
    I like it.

    Greetings from Germany
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiul colors in your mini quilt! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lin,

    Oh I love your jug of blooms, it makes a perfect little quilt. These little cards are so unique.

    Happy Sunday to you too.

    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous mini, it looks fabulous.
    The postcards are great too!
    A very pretty post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty stitchery vase Lin, lovely border fabrics for it. Amazing postcards sent & received, they're so arty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lin,
    Your painting sounds productive and I bet you stood back to appreciate your bright kitchen! A fresh coat of paint adds so much to a room. I love your embroidery and the little quilt that you've created. There's something quite special about little quilts and they make such nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lin, You managed some lovely work on Friday Night! Making the stitchery into the little quilt is a great idea and the fabrics really work well with the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! A Jenny stitchery - very pretty colours - love it with the buttons in the centre. It will look so beautiful when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely work as always.... great postcards too
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a charming design, and must have made a lovely change after painting the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little quilt, stunning and laso the others projects.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Postcards are such fun, both to make and receive. I need to make some, again!
    I liked your little embroidered quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lin,
    As always you show us such a beautiful work. I love your mini quilt with with the embroidery, so beautiful.
    Wow and the postcards, both of them are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your embroidery is beautiful. I really like the addition of the buttons. I LOVE the postcard that you sent. It is so pretty. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the multimedia approach to these cards. Something else on my list of things to try out. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful embroidery and love the colours and fabrics of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.