Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 20 August 2016

Friday Night Sew In

Many thanks Wendy for hosting us all again - I hope you will pop over to Wendy's blog here to see what every one else was working on. I have already seen a few posts with some great work to look at.

I have been playing around with an altered book as my summer sketchbook and yesterday afternoon I decided to work with some water colour pencils. We have a massive crop of sloes this year and they are just ready to pick. I love the colour of the fruit (love sloe gin too!) so I thought I would have a go at painting some. This was the result.


My evening was spent cutting out and basting some more yellow hexies for my blue flower cloth.





While I was doing that we were watching a recording from Glastonbury earlier this summer - Philip Glass's Heroes Symphony, the tribute to David Bowie which was brilliant and the light show was amazing.

Hope everyone else had a great night.


11 comments:

  1. I love the painting Lin. You've reminding me of some old books in the craft room waiting to be altered! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting Lin. You've reminding me of some old books in the craft room waiting to be altered! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know what sloe fruit is but I'm willing to try sloe gin lol. Beautiful painting, Lin. Very realistic. Love it. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you've sparked my curiosity now Lin, regarding the sloes & gin; I must do some research on that!
    Beautiful painting & you know I love those hexy's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely painting and some pretty hexies waiting to be joined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lin, Love the sketch of the Sloe berries, I have never heard of them before. X:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great sketch of the Sloe fruit and the hexies are growing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sketch is charming - and sketching is such a wonderful break from everything else, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sketch and your hexies will be lovely and bright .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.