Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Post and a reminder

Just popped in to show you this lovely postcard that arrived in my postbox today - a card from Japan which is a lovely first.


I have been following Pamela's blog Hokkaido Kudasai for some time now - she does the most beautiful embroidery and shares stories of her life in Japan and all the beautiful places she visits.
As she did not know about textile postcards I sent a few links and we arranged to swap. So this is Pamela's first postcard. Isn't it lovely! Just such a beautiful, simple Japanese design and I love the beautiful piece of shibori fabric along the bottom. Thank you very much for swapping with me Pamela.

Now the reminder - yes it's already time to sign up for Friday Night Sew In - if you would like to join in then pop over to Wendy's blog to sign up.

See you on Friday.

9 comments:

  1. How lovely, thank you for the link to Pamela's blog,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lin. It is my first postcard, so please excuse the primativeness! Mt. Fuji and cherry blossoms are symbols of Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely to have a ppostcard from Japan....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's charming - well done to Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is delightful - love the added stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun swap for sure. Pamela's postcard is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful postcard , Pamela did very well for her first postcard and I just bet it won't be her last ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful postcard, love the one you sent too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun swap, interesting work on the postcard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.